Ice Age: Continental Drift Debuts at No. 1 with $46 Million
The latest Ice Age sequel cooled off the box office competition over the weekend.
Ice Age: Continental Drift, the fourth film in the animated series, debuted in first place, earning an estimated 46 million dollars. It was the only movie to open in wide release.
The previous box office champ, The Amazing Spider-Man, was the runner-up, with 35 million dollars.
Ice Age's run at the top of the box office will likely last only one week, since the highly-anticipated Batman sequel The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters this Friday, July 20th.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday, July 13th, through Sunday, July 15th, with estimated ticket sales:
1. Ice Age: Continental Drift, $46 million.
2. The Amazing Spider-Man, $35 million.
3. Ted, $22.1 million.
4. Brave, $10.7 million.
5. Magic Mike, $9 million.
6. Savages, $8.7 million.
7. Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection, $5.6 million.
8. Katy Perry: Part of Me, $3.7 million.
9. Moonrise Kingdom, $3.7 million.
10. Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted, $3.5 million.
Provided by ABC News Radio